Do you want to check Google Tag Manager installed on your site or on a client website?
There are two ways you can check, Google Tag Manager is installed on site or not.
1. View Source Code
- Visit the Homepage of the website you want to check
- Right-click on the page and click on the “View Page Source”
- Press the Ctrl+F in windows and Command+F in mac, which will bring Find option.
- Type GTM in the search bar and it will highlight the value.
If you have pasted the code correctly on the homepage you will be seeing two instances:
- The first in <head> section which is the main script
- Second in <body> with <noscript> version.
Sign up to my Newsletter
2. Use Google Tag Assistant
Google Tag Assistant is a chrome extension offered by Google. This extension will help you to track Google properties such as Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, Google Ads Remarketing, Google Ads Conversion Tracking, etc.
Here are the steps you have to follow:
- Download Google Tag Assistant from Chrome Web Store
- Once installed, visit the website and click on the Enable button.
- Tag Assistant will show up the tag which is installed on the site.
- When you click on the tag it will show you the information that is passed from the website to Google.
These are the two best methods through which you can track Google Tag Manager installed on your site.