What are Postbacks in Google Analytics?
Postbacks allow Google Analytics to ping ad network when it detects an app install (“first launch”) or in-app purchase (“Transaction”) using a third party network.
These are the ad networks available in Google Analytics:
- Aarki (https://www.aarki.com/)
- AdColony (https://www.adcolony.com/)
- InMobi (https://www.inmobi.com/)
- Jampp (https://jampp.com/)
- Leadbolt (https://www.leadbolt.com/)
- Millennial Media (https://www.onebyaol.com/)
- Millennial Media DSP
- Tapjoy (https://www.tapjoy.com/)
If you are using Google Analytics 4 then there is 62 Advertising Networks from which you can select.
Benefits of Postbacks
- It helps ad networks to optimize their ad campaigns
- It can result in better quality ads to the audience.
- It Delivers more effective Cost Per Action (CPAs).
- You can optimize ad spend respectively.
Steps to Setup Postbacks in Google Analytics 4
Step-1: Go to Google Analytics 4 dashboard
Step-2: In the left pane, select Events > Conversions.
Step-3: Click Network Settings and then click on the New network
Step-4: Select the ad network then select the app.
Step-5: Enable the Configure postback, Select the conversions you want to send, and select Only conversions attributed to this network or All conversions.
Step-6: Click Save.
Steps to setup Postbacks in Google Analytics
Step-1: Go to Google Analytics and then go to Admin and select your property then click on Postbacks.
Step-2: Click + ADD NEW.
Step-3: Select an Ad Network from the drop-down menu.
Step-4: Select a view and select a conversion type you want to send to the ad network.
Step-5: In Add Network Parameters you have to enter Property ID (app or account ID) Google Analytics will ask you for the relevant parameter for that network which you will select.
Step-6: Click Done. You are done.