What are Postbacks in Google Analytics?
Postbacks allow Google Analytics to ping ad network when it detects an app install (“first launch”) or in-app purchase (“Transaction”) using a third party network.
These are the ad networks available in Google Analytics:
- Aarki (https://www.aarki.com/)
- AdColony (https://www.adcolony.com/)
- InMobi (https://www.inmobi.com/)
- Jampp (https://jampp.com/)
- Leadbolt (https://www.leadbolt.com/)
- Millennial Media (https://www.onebyaol.com/)
- Millennial Media DSP
- Tapjoy (https://www.tapjoy.com/)
If you are using Google Analytics 4 then there is 62 Advertising Networks from which you can select.
Benefits of Postbacks
- It helps ad networks to optimize their ad campaigns
- It can result in better quality ads to the audience.
- It Delivers more effective Cost Per Action (CPAs).
- You can optimize ad spend respectively.
Before you enable or start using Postbacks, confirm that iOS install tracking or Android tracking are configured for your app.
Steps to Setup Postbacks in Google Analytics 4
Step-1: Go to Google Analytics 4 dashboard
Step-2: In the left pane, select Events > Conversions.
Step-3: Click Network Settings and then click on the New network
Step-4: Select the ad network then select the app.
Step-5: Enable the Configure postback, Select the conversions you want to send, and select Only conversions attributed to this network or All conversions.
Step-6: Click Save.
Steps to setup Postbacks in Google Analytics
Step-1: Go to Google Analytics and then go to Admin and select your property then click on Postbacks.
Step-2: Click + ADD NEW.
Step-3: Select an Ad Network from the drop-down menu.
Step-4: Select a view and select a conversion type you want to send to the ad network.
Step-5: In Add Network Parameters you have to enter Property ID (app or account ID) Google Analytics will ask you for the relevant parameter for that network which you will select.
Step-6: Click Done. You are done.